Monday, July 02, 2007

The Final Countdown

As I write this I realise that in one week I'll have (hopefully) completed my first IronMan. Will it be my last? Who knows...
Anyway, last week the taper began in earnest. Here's the tale of the week:

Monday June 25th - 45 mins swim (1500m), 45 mins run (10k)
Tuesday June 26th - 20 mins run (5k)
Weds June 27th - 45 mins swim (2km)
Thurs June 28th - 1 hour bike (28km)
Fri June 29th - day off
Sat June 30th - 30 mins swim (1500m), 1 hr 10 mins run (14.5 km)
Sun July 1st - 90 mins bike (46 km)

Totals for week:

Swim - 2 hours
Bike - 2 hours 30 mins
Run - 2 hours 15 mins

Total for week - 6 hours 45 mins

All is looking good for departure. Had an hour and a half's full body massage today with Will. Top job... feel great. Been running through nutrition plan in my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a long hard slog, mate, but now you're almost there. Been interesting reading your blog over these months too.

Best of luck!

Colin

Jevon said...

Cheers mate
It's been good to have you there along side me. Thanks for all the support, encouragement and advice.
J.