Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Busy Busy


Good Morning. Been a busy bee this week with client lunches, family parties (my brother's 40th), house duties - surely there can't be a man alive who doesn't relish the opportunity to turn his hands to lumpen blocks of ice whilst putting up the Christmas lights - and the like.

The upshot is that I must run as I have weight to shed and work to deliver to my agent. I also have only four days to do it in as Friday will see the re-union of 'The Log Cabin' - the notorious Manchester University house of too many years ago than I care to remember. Reports on that next week.

I had a distinctly average week training with all of the above and it looked like this:

Mon - brisk run of 9 miles in 1 hour 1 minute (6:49 min miles) to get rid of the energy stored up for the aborted Luton marathon.
Tuesday - no training
Weds - no training
Thurs - 25 mile bike ride with Colin, 1 hour swim session with Team MK
Friday - 10k run with Colin
Saturday - no training
Sunday - no training

Last week's film quote was correctly identified by Rob Quantrel (my how the boy has come on in recent months) as being from SNATCH.

Staying in the festive season... how about this:

"You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?"

You simply have to get that one... have to.

Congratulations this week to Tom and Helen who (once again :-)) tied the knot and who are now in Miami on honeymoon. Not that I'm jealous. Also to Conal, my youngest brother, who celebrated his 40th birthday at the weekend. Well done, big fella... I love you.

Apologies for the brevity but a more fulsome update next week...

No comments: