Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shropshire Olympic Triathlon - Sun June 10th

My first full Olympic distance tri and really enjoyed it although I found it hard work due to the extensive training the week before. Still, it's important to remember I have only one 'A' race this year and that this was a 'B' race.

1.5k swim 28' 56"(bumpy swim with opponents' elbows, only got into rhythm later on - not a fast swim time)
40k bike 71'44" (bike felt good)
10k run 44'41" (slow run due to returning to running after 5 week lay off and v. hilly course... plus tired from previous week's hard training)

Total time 2 hrs 25 mins 20 secs (satisfactory +)

Some serious athletes there. I felt really tired on the run but feel more and more that I'll be able to cope with the longer distances better than these shorter events.

No comments: